Dr. Rahul Chaudhary
PhD - Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan.
DNB Surgical Oncology- Inlaks Budhrani Hospital, Pune, National Board of examinations, New Delhi (2008-2011)
MS (General Surgery)- Government Medical College and SSG Hospital, Baroda, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat (2004-2007)
M.B.B.S.– Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal University, Karnataka (1997-2003)
Dr.Rahul Kumar Chaudhary is an experienced and renowned surgical oncologist practicing in Eastern India. He passed DNB Surgical Oncology from Pune in 2010 and subsequently did a fellowship in GI Surgery from Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. He has done a fellowship in Hepato-Pancreatico Biliary Surgery at Tokyo Women’s Medical University Hospital, Japan and has also been conferred a PhD from Japan for his work on gallbladder cancer.
He has worked in major high-volume cancer centers in South and Eastern India. He has headed the Department of Surgical Oncology at Mahavir Cancer Sansthan in Patna, a high volume, tertiary cancer center and has mentored many students in surgical oncology. He has numerous publications in prestigious international journals.
Having more than ten years’ experience in holistic cancer surgery, he is well versed in head and neck, breast and gynecological cancer surgeries. However, he has a special interest in liver, gallbladder and gastrointestinal cancer surgeries and is an authority on gallbladder cancer.
- Original Articles as 1st or corresponding* author: (in Medline indexed, peer-reviewed international journals)
- Chaudhary RK, Higuchi R, Yazawa T, Uemura S, Izumo W, Matsunaga Y, Nagano E, Sato Y, Ota T, Furukawa T, Yamamoto M. Resectional surgery in gallbladder cancer with jaundice-how to improve the outcome? Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2021 Feb 22. doi: 10.1007/s00423-020-02075-8. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33619629.
- Chaudhary RK, Higuchi R, Yazawa T, Uemura S, Izumo W, Furukawa T, Kiyohara K, Yamamoto M. Surgery in node-positive gallbladder cancer: The implication of an involved superior retro-pancreatic lymph node. Surgery 2019:;3:541-47. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2018.09.003. (impact factor: 3.35)
- Chaudhary RK, Bhaduri D, Bhatia M, Hatti S, Ba R, Meva J. Influence of co-morbidity in cancer surgery on treatment decisions, postoperative course and oncological outcome. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology 2013; 9:47-52. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-7563.2012.01523.x. (impact factor: 2.01)
- Meva J, Chaudhary RK, Bhaduri D, Bhatia M, Hatti S, Ba R. Lacunae in International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) classification for carcinoma cervix- observational study using TNM classification as comparator. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 2013; 23:1071-7. 10.1097/igc.0b013e31829783c4. (impact factor: 2.179)
- Fellowship in Hepatobiliary-Pancreatic Surgery, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Japan. (June-Aug 2017)
- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology- Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, India (with Prof P. Jagannath)